* Co-ordinate and conduct multidisciplinary research on indigenous peoples.
* Publish materials on indigenous peoples.
* Develop a resource centre as a depository of information, documents and manuscripts relating to indigenous peoples.
* Educate and create awareness among the general community and among indigenous peoples themselves of their unique social and cultural heritage.
* Network with other institutions and organizations and researchers working on indigenous peoples’ issues nationally and internationally.
* Conduct conferences, workshops, seminars and discussions to disseminate knowledge on indigenous peoples and fulfill the objectives of the Centre.